If you are using wordpress then you must have following plugins installed in your wordpress site whether it is simple blog or business site, you can’t survive without these plugins in WordPress. We will install and configure the following plugins as basic plugins.
- All in one SEO Pack
- Fast Secure Contact Form
- Broken Link Checker
- Google XML Sitemap
- Post Plugin Library
- Similar Posts
- One share plugin
- FeedBurner FeedSmith
All in One SEO Pack:
Automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization). Some features of All in one SEO Pack plugin are as follows:
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
Fast Secure Contact Form:
This plugin allows a webmaster to easily create and add contact forms to WordPress. The contact form will let the user send emails to a site’s admin. An administration panel is present, where the webmaster can create and preview unlimited forms. Features of Fast Secure Contact Form are as follows
- Super easy customizable Options from Admin settings page.
- Multi-Form feature that allows you to have as many different forms as you need.
- Optional extra fields of any type: text, textarea, checkbox, checkbox-multiple, radio, select, select-multiple, attachment, date, time, hidden, password, fieldset(box).
- File attachments are supported.
- Backup/restore tool. You can backup/restore all your forms or single forms and settings.
- Easy to hide subject and message fields for use as a newsletter signup.
- Supports sending mail to multiple departments.
- Optional – redirect to any URL after message sent.
- Optional – posted data can be sent as a query string on the redirect URL.
- Optional – auto responder E-mail message.
- Valid coding for HTML, XHTML, HTML STRICT, Section 508, and WAI Accessibility.
- Uses simple inline error messages.
- Reloads form data and warns user if user forgets to fill out a field.
- Validates syntax of E-mail address.
- CAPTCHA can be turned off or hidden from logged in users and or admins.
- Multi “E-mail to” contact support.
- Auto form fill for logged in users.
- Customizable form field titles.
- Customizable CSS style.
- Sends E-mail with UTF-8 character encoding for US and International character support.
- Pre-fill in form fields from a URL query string.
- Save emails to the WordPress database, or export to CSV or Excel.
- I18n language translation support.
- It has very tight security, stops all automated spammers.
- Akismet spam protection support.
- Spam checks E-mail address input from common spammer tactics… prevents spammer forcing to:, cc:, bcc:, newlines, and other E-mail injection attempts to spam the world.
- Makes sure the contact form was posted from your blog domain name only.
- Filters all form inputs from HTML and other nasties.
- E-mail message footer shows blog username(if logged on), Date/Time timestamp, IP address, and user agent (browser version) of user who contacted you.
Captcha Image Support:
- Uses Open-source free PHP CAPTCHA library by http://www.phpcaptcha.org (customized version included)
- Abstract background with multi colored, angled, and transparent text
- Arched lines through text
- Visual and Audible CAPTCHA
- Refresh button to reload captcha if you cannot read it
- CAPTCHA can be disabled in Options
Broken Link Checker:
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found. Features of Broken Link Checker are as follows
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Google XML Sitemap:
This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
The shared code library for Similar posts, Recent Posts, Random Posts, Popular Posts and Recent Comments.
Similar Posts displays a list of posts that are similar or related to the current posts. The list can be customised in many ways. Similarity is judged according to a post’s title, content, and tags and you can adjust the balance of factors to fit your own blog.
There are large number of share plugins and it is must to have a share plugin if you have a blog with posts.
For the best results using FeedBurner with your self-hosted WordPress site, we recommend the FeedBurner FeedSmith plugin (originally authored by the legendary Steve Smith). The plugin will detect all ways to access your feed (e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/feed/ or http://www.yoursite.com/wp-rss2.php, etc.), and redirect them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber. It will forward for your main posts feed and optionally, your main comments feed as well.
These are plugins which will be installed in basic plan of wordpress website.